[IRCA] Great softwware tool (EXPStudio Audio Editor)

[IRCA] Great softwware tool (EXPStudio Audio Editor)

It's becoming increasingly important for DX'ers to be able to record audio
directly on their computer. To reduce
size, and make it practical to e-mail out reports, it's also handy to be
able to convert those files into compressed audio
files in formats like MP3. "Audio editing" is also helpful---being able to
literally look at the audio waveform and edit
out everything except what you need.

For example, I have recordings of every logging in my book...reducing
usually to just the legal TOH ID, or perhaps
a few minutes at most of format, along with legal ID.

A great tool for doing this is EXPStudio. It comes in both a free version
(but it only saves in .wav format) and a very inexpensive $30 "Pro" version
that will save files in any number of formats. You can also amplify those
weak sounds, do some basic filtering, etc. It provides about 90% of the
functions that Sony's Sound Forge 9.0 provides, for a small fraction of the
cost.

It's available at:
http://www.expstudio.com/audioeditorfree.htm

Hope this helps!