[IRCA] Re quick unIDed test on 650.

At 08:54 PM 5/21/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>640-660:   WFNC dominant on 640; 650 and 660 were clear. However, at
>0900-0905, a definite carrier popped up on 650 (on for maybe 4 or 5
>minutes). At the time, I was in Richlands (on 24 West). Fair to poor lvl
>and 2 or 3 times what sounded like a noise I would equate to tapping a
>live microphone to see if it was on. Nothing else of note. At ECU, 1023,
>a possible carrier at a poor level. Enough that I could tell it was a
>carrier, but nothing more. 660 remained clear and 640 was poor/fair.

Mike

I noted a carried come up on 650, too, while trying to figger out the
carrier beat against (presumed) WSM. This happened maybe Saturday.
Seemed to be on frequency. Don't know what to think of it. Seems to me
MCB LeJeune did a test broadcast of a transportable AM station for a
few days several years back. But doubt related to this.

>1610:   Coming into Greenville, 1015, I did note what I would call a
>fluttering fade and possible audio, but again, I cannot be certain. The
>fluttering fade doesn't make sense, unless I mistook a SAH for the
>fluttering. Possible, though no other station noted. On leaving ECU, no
>change in the signal.

You were hearing the Rocky Mount TIS station plus the unIDed OC, and a
couple other carriers (I think). Makes it look like the OC is coming
from farther north.

>1640:   New River Air Station (Jacksonville) has taken over this
>frequency with information on entering base and the hours for which
>gates. Heard at 0820 and again at 1620. This is new. Might give someone
>a shot at logging the base.

Thanks for the info. Another target TIS.

73,

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
  Greenville, North Carolina