Re: [IRCA] AM station causes fire on Catalina Island

Re: [IRCA] AM station causes fire on Catalina Island

> This station ran a very successful DX test in 1996 - heard and QSLed
> here in
> Memphis, as it was in many other locations across the nation.

I heard KBRT-740 in February 1981 on an equipment test.  I don't believe
it was a DX test arranged by the NRC or IRCA.  QSLed with a verie letter,
signed by CE George Chambers.  Their mailing address in 1981 was in L.A.
(1888 Century Park East, Suite 208, Los Angeles, CA 90067)

Arguable one of my best catches.  26 years later I still wonder how I
managed to hear them. years.  Must have been some freaky conditions, as I
didn't hear and still need KCBS-740.

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON