Re: [IRCA] "CMDC"-570 RR power?

PLEASE read the material appearing below this line - from root@localhost
thankyew

> When it comes to Cuban AM's, little beyond what you hear and the
> frequency you hear it on is certain.

What Curt says is 100 percent correct

> Neither the Cuban government nor most stations recognize call signs.

Generally this is 98 % true, however during the Primero de Mayo
celebration in Habana, coincidentally on the first of May,
during the big feed to several networks, during the group ID
of the various networks was a clear mention of "say emmay bay effay"
(CMBF) which I heard twice during my discontinuous listening,
about 11 AM as I recall. Monitored on 640 but this is NOT to say
that this call belongs on this freq. It might even be another
name, now,  for one of their networks.

In the long past I have heard a reference to "CMQ" but at this point
I can't even recall if on 640 or one of the other daytime fqs available
here. And I got 1 from eastern Cuba during cruise a couple of years
ago.

Hearing call letters on any Cuban is quite rare, and should be treated
as probably part of a feed from another station, so the call-frequency
association s/b treated with great skepticism. It could be spoken in
context of a colloquial nostalgic familiarity, I suppose, and not as
any kind of formal ID.

As for 570 at night, they can easily punch out WTBN while driving
around Valrico and points a bit East, in the WTBN null Which is
probably why they paired up with the 910 in Plant City (named of
course for Henry B Plant of railroad/hotel fame of a century ago).

- Bob