Re: [IRCA] "CMDC"-570 RR power?

When it comes to Cuban AM's, little beyond what you hear and the
frequency you hear it on is certain.

Neither the Cuban government nor most stations recognize call signs.

City of origin is usually an assumption based on past history, but
with no guarantee facilities have not been moved.  DF'ing can give
some good clues, though, so there is some info in that regard.

The FCC DB contains the latest information as submitted by the Cuban
government to international authorities, but as is well known, Cuba
doesn't play nice with others, so the data is very prone to errors.

The WRTH lists transmitter powers mostly based on history, but the
propensity of Fidel over the years to flip and flop facilities to
purposes little related to serving the populous are all to common,
and make history a poor reference.  Huge signals popped up on 530 to
counter recent Radio Marti activity, nearly wiping out reception of
RVCI Turks & Caicos.  The new jammer on 1550 is another example of
stuff moving around.  Those transmitters had to come from somewhere.

Short of someone who has recently been at a given transmitter site,
no one I am aware of would have specifics on Cuban Am's.

Dr.Z. -- clearing underbrush in celebration of FL wild fires, I last
heard -- does have long experience and might know of past changes in
the apparent strength of signals from 570 RR, but I don't think
you're going to get a number from anyone.

Since I have been listening from FL, which is not all that long, 570
RR has been an easy listen, WQAM IBOC aside.  Its signal here, even
from its distance, is easily as strong as many locals.  What number
that translates into I can't tell you.

Sorry,
Curt
-------