Re: [IRCA] Worcester receiver

At 06:39 PM 5/1/2007, you wrote:

>Bob,
>
>    I recall the receiver and I THINK that maybe a handful were produced
>(one at a time). I never saw one or knew of any DXer who had one.
>
>    Bob Grove (Grove Enterprises) designed the "perfect" receiver for
>DXers, but the cost of building each one would have been prohibitive --
>any MT staff member out there recall either of these receivers?

Check page 458 of the 3rd edition of Shortwave Receivers Past and Present.  The chapter is for Never Manufactured receivers and includes two Grove models:
The SW-100....A very nice looking "normal" receiver.  Kind of like the Ten-Tec RX-350.  There's also the Grove SR-1000 which looks like a sophisticated SDR.  There's
a blue-print of sorts only on this page.  Not sure whether this means that it was going to be strictly a PC controlled rig, or whether it would have been a normal receiver....looked a bit like a TT RX-340, but with a spectrum scope as well.........Walt.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.