[IRCA] More of that!

At 11:12 AM 4/30/2007 -0500, you wrote:

>I always thought of Seth as a DX pixie and the spirit of the NRC, back in
>it's pre-IRCA days of camaraderie, and the death of Seth, Fran Nittler and
>Hal Wagner in Nebraska on the way to the NRC's Indianapolis convention in
>1962 brought tears to my eyes.
>
>Wurtzel's contributions represented a whole n'other ballgame, and I think
>Ernie Cooper was the only one who was saddened when the NRC corporate
>board banned "poetry" from Musings. There was a lot of wheat thrown out
>with a little bit of chaff. (Laugh!)
>
>Thanks to the IRCA list for providing space for a few NRC memories that,
>for some of us, cross-pollinate.
>
>Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon

Mr. QRM,

I doubt that anyone would object to you or the Distinguished Mr. Chuck
Hutton heaving in some
poetry from time to time. Methinks we need a surcease from the rather
tedious exchanges on the
list, recently. Some goodwill.

And I think Caroll Seth's writings hit a tender spot for me too, although I
never met
the Nittlers, Wagner, or Seth. My great loss.

And I invite you to insert excerpts from the great yearly satirical NRC
April Fool's issues.

VERY FEW OF US KNOW WHY YOU have the alias Qal R. Mann. Prithee, enlighten us!

73 from the former C. Alan Taylor

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
Greenville, North Carolina