Re: [IRCA] CFB (Compact Florescent Blubs)

--- willis <k4ape@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The major gripe I have is that a 100 watt florescent
> buld is not as bright
> as a 100 watt incondecent bulb.

Incandescent.

You can't purchase a 100 W standard base fluorescent
compact. The 100 watt ones are mogul base, and
generally are 6500 lumens. That's brighter than a 96
inch instant start fluorescent tube. IF you mean one
as BRIGHT as a 100W incandescent bulb, you are buying
the wrong ones.  The GE Daylight colored one is VERY
bright.  I have a 5000 K color corrected 42 W  ice
cream cone style bulb that is so bright (like a 200 I
bet) you can't look at it after about 5 minutes

> When they take my incondescent bulbs away, I will be
> in the dark.
> I have never noticed any noise coming from the ones
> we have in the house, just a lack of brightness.
>
> Willis

Ge the right ones and that problem goes away.

Powell