Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: WGN Xmtr. Maintenance Period

Bob Foxworth wrote:

> Indeed and in the 1970's on Monday mornings it was not too hard to
> hear
> one of those Chicago stations, I think it was WBBM, on the then-vacant
> 840 (WHAS SP) while listening in New York.
>
> This was probably before they had the proper traps installed.
My guess is that KIRO -710 must have installed a trap during its
recent pre-announced once-in-a-lifetime maintenance period (thank you
Bruce).  Thanks to KTTH-770, KIRO used to have a living breathing
image on 830. CKKY would break through once in a while, but other
than that, it was tough.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n