Re: [IRCA] WCSL-1590 10 kW or 1 kW

Just for fun, I checked the FCC's CDBS for the newly-recalculated
PSSA's for April for WCSL:

2000-30  -  38 watts
2030-2100  -  21 watts
2100-2200  -  17 watts

For WYSR,

2000-30  -  32 watts
2030-2100  -  18 watts
2100-2200  -  14 watts

and for WHPY

1945-2015  -  87 watts
2015-45   -  32 watts
2045-2145  -  25 watts

Of course many older transmitters cannot handle even one low power
muchless 3. Also, remember that any PSSA power authorized which is less
than the station's authorized night power can be ignored in favor of
the night power. So, in many cases, these powers may be authorized but
not used.

If I own a station whose night power is authorized at 50 watts and I
get assigned WHPY's values, I'm probably going to just switch over to
night power unless I'm persuaded that the difference between 87 and 50
watts is significant and presuming the equipment will do it.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id