From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Paul B. Walker, Jr.
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 5:29 PM
To: am@xxxxxxxxxxx; Mailing list for the International Radio Club of
America; BACONTI@xxxxxxx; timhall1@xxxxxxxxx; Geralyn Hollerman;
ien3@xxxxxxxxxxx; Les Rayburn
Subject: [IRCA] KXTO-AM 1550 RENO, NEVADA DX TEST ANNOUNCEMENT

Date: July 1st, 2007 till July 15th, 2007
Time: 120:00AM until 4:00AM PACIFIC Time
Modes of Operation:   Varied, see notes
Programming: Morse Code ID's & Sweep Tones
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?call=KXTO&sr=Y&s=C

Notes:  The test will run at low power 12mid to 4am Pacific each morning
July 1st to the 13th at low power, 96 Watts Non Directionally.

On the morning of July 14th and 15th, the test will once again run from 12am
to 4am but instead at KXTO's licensed non directional daytime power of 2500
Watts
Test material will air twice an hour and consist solely of Morse Code Id's
and sweeptones near the top and bottom of the hour.  The station runs a
spanish christian format as "La Voz Cristiana 1550"

Please do not call or email the station during the test, as this is being
done automatically via Remote Control and Computer Automation.

QSL Information: Reception reports are desired via e-mail (first choice) and
snail mail (only if e-mail is not available) Station would prefer to
received recordings of the test. Submit reports to: les @
highnoonfilm.comand please put "KXTO DX Test" in the subject line.

Preferred audio formats on the computer are MP3's due to the fact a wav file
of the same size is nearly 10x bigger. If you need help converting wav
files, just ask.  If you absolutely need to mail a cassette, PLEASE cue the
tape up to the spot where the best reception is. If you mail a CD, only
include the pertinent parts.

All standard mail reports should go to:

Les Rayburn
High Noon Film
100 Centerview Drive Suite 111
Birmingham, AL 35216

Please include an SASE for reply. (Station Management and Consultants have
authorized Mr. Rayburn to issue QSL's on their behalf!)

Thanks to First Broadcasting Of Nevada, Inc/KXTO 1550 General Manager Jose
Pacheco for helping out all us DX'ers in the IRCA, NRC and everywhere
else.... he was extremely helpful and willing to do this for us, AGAIN!!
This will be a good chance for some of us to nab Nevada in our log books.

********Paul Walker's Personal Message************
*(Said somewhat tounge in cheek)..*
Normally this is where les thanks people when he sends out the email, but
since Im typing it up.. I theoretically cna't thank myself...

If some of you log this, a 6 pack of Mike's Cranberry Lemonade is acceptable
payment... email me privately for my shipping address.

Also, I am only subscribed to the NRC-AM and IRCA lists, so PLEASE forward
this to any and all email lists, websites or blogs you can.