Re: [IRCA] To Les-- (Semi-Monthly QSL Rant)

Re: [IRCA] To Les-- (Semi-Monthly QSL Rant)

To Les, Paul, and the group

RE:   B. If we insist that stations handle the QSL's, especially for major
tests like the ones in Montana or Utah, then you'll have very few tests.
Stations simply don't have the resources that they once did. Offering to
handle QSL chores make it easier to get tests, period.

RE: If folks don't think that the NRC/IRCA Broadcast Test Coordinator
cards are "valid" then don't send in reception reports. No harm, no
foul. The club(s) have both decided that we're going to offer the
service to stations...if they accept then both the station and the
clubs consider these verifications as "official".

It's too bad that some DXers can not or will not 'accept' these QSLs. We had
a discussion going a few months ago about whether QSLs issued by a third
party are 'legal'. And our answer was that as long as they are authorized by
station management (such as the case with DX tests) then, yep, they are
legal. Another point to be added: Les very clearly signs his name, title,
and amateur radio call sign to each verification, so no one can argue that
there is any intent to deceive.

I, for one, am very grateful to both Les and Paul for performing this
service, and I quite proudly display these QSLs along with the ones I get
from directly from the stations.

73   Joe Miller, KD8DLU, Troy, MI

P. S. Paul, do you have an account with Pay Pal? It's a lot easier to send
you beer money that way!!!