[IRCA] IBOC Hash trashes KSL

There is an ancient Chinese proverb:

"Dog who chases tail inevitably eats self..."

This resonated with me this morning at dawn as I
discovered an IBOC user reaping havoc on 1160 and 1180.

The less than obvious irony is the fact that KEX Portland
is one of America's 1st IBOCers - a mere 10 khz away from the
mess that 1170 was kicking up.
Additionally, 1180 faces the double-whack of being pummelled
by IBOC from 1170 and 1190.

My overall point is: Once stations like KSL Salt Lake City, Utah
and KGO San Francisco on 810 start getting their nightwave signals
trounced by the hash-trash, they will actually turn on each other
if not themselves.

Overall, IBOC is a foolish scenario entered into way too lightly...
like a Las Vegas wedding.

I predict that within a year there will be more finger
pointing than another Anna Nicole-Smith paternity suit.

Random google searches reveal an unusual and stimulating
amalgam of non-DXer discussion...

Example: http://www.opengeek.org/2005/04/1190-kex-first-portland-hd-am-iboc.html

73, cheers and best of hash free DX!

--