[IRCA] Classic Rock Sunday on WABV 1590 Abbeville, SC

At 07:37 PM 4/8/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>"Well, after running "Pipeline Radio" for several weeks, I finally stepped
>behind the mic to "jock' an hour long segment, live."
>--
>Paul B. Walker, Jr.

Paul-Bee,

Put that-there file on your website. We want to hear you.

I did a few shows on pirates WISK-1110 and WQRK-1460 Indianapolis in
1965 - 1966. Still a long way from professional, but I derned-well
knew how to say "double U." Have a brief air check of myself somewhere
in a batch of reel-to-reel tapes.

Then into the Navy.

I could have probably become a good DJ with more air time and practice,
but the Navy wanted me to become an electronics technician.

I got some more air time when I was aboard the USS Hancock CVA-19. I was
transferred to X Division (which operated "KHAN" Radio & TV). Both wired
audio via oooooold ship's intra-ship entertainment system, plus coax and
a TV modulator and an FM modulator. Hancock was an aircraft carrier, so
the listenership was usually around 2,000.

Although I was a maintenance technician, they needed air "talent," so I
was a likely candidate. Loved doing a daily show. Came out exhausted.

All told, I doubt that I've done more than a year's air time.

NOW that I'm retired and could set un an LPFM in Grifton (NC), NOW I
can't talk.

Awwwww, nuts!!

Chaz

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP