Re: [IRCA] White winged warrior returns!

--- "Patrick Griffith, N0NNK / WPE9HVW" <AM-DXer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bruce said: Chickenman is on the air in Tulsa on KRVT-1270
> //////
> He's everywhere! He's everywhere! I believe the last time I heard the
> Fearless Fighter on the air was on WCFL in the late 60s or early 70s
> when I lived in northern IL. I do have a cassette tape containing 24
> episodes of the series that I purchased from Dick Orkin's Radio Ranch
> about 10 years ago. I also have a hand signed photo of the Fearless
> Foul
> signed "Your Pal, Chickenman". Wellllllllll Ms. Helfinger! I believe
> 2006 is the 40th anniversary of the Fearless Fighter.

*** Ah, yes. The Wonderful White-Winged Weekend Warrior, otherwise
known as mild-manner shoe saelsman Benton Harbor...I recall it runing
on WNDR-1260 in Syracuse NY in the 1966-69 period. That's where I heard
most of them. I can't recall which station ( if any ) was carrying it
in the NYC area when I returned there in early 1969.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id