Re: [IRCA] Howdy, Terry

At 08:46 AM 4/4/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>Sir Charles of taylor,
>
>What the hell is a "reflector??" I have not been on this list in some time,
>however, I have read the posts to keep up with DX. I just thought I would
>report on an unusual DX catch that I picked up accidently.

Terry,

A "reflector" is exactly what IRCA has going in this "list." Whatever is
to it comes back, like a mirror.

>I know I would have found several AM stations on the Cardinals network, but
>I found one from the Cleveland Indians network first. It was a mild shock!
>
>The Cardinals play a day game today, and it is cold so I will travel the AM
>dial to see how many affiliates are coming in from the cards net. Odd way to
>listen to a baseball game.

My maternal great grandfather used to listen to the Cardinals' games on KMOX.
This is from Poseyville, Indiana. It's about 25 miles n.w. of Evansville.
Remember him listening to an old, 6-tube GE AM/FM set. Lights out, and nothing
but the set's dial lights and the reflection of the set's tube heaters off the
window in front of which the set was parked on a small table.

I haven't seen a report from you in a long time, although I may have overlooked
it if you did?

May I include you in the 2007 IRCA List E-mail Directory?

>Best,
>
>Terry Klasek
>Saint Louis, Missouri

Bester (gooder than "best"),