Re: [IRCA] Another perspective on AM IBOC, from the     broadcasters' mailing list

Re: [IRCA] Another perspective on AM IBOC, from the     broadcasters' mailing list

Keith,

I agree, IBOC will no be mandated. It wont be popular enough to be
mandated. The stations are not going to shoot themselves in the foot.
The only way that IBOC will win out is that people have to buy the
radios and there in no interference and we know those are big issues. It
will go the way of Quad. At least AM Stereo still exists for a few
stations, especially in Canada. I still get some on the radio in the 89
Dodge Van. The only radio I have that gets AM Stereo.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager