Re: [IRCA] Tps for 03-26-07

At 13:54 26/03/2007, you wrote:

>Listened from 1257-1353 UT.
>

>693             Japan, JOAB fair 1345.  Sounded like Chinese - Japanese

you betcha....just in case any of us have illusions that everyone is
simply learning English.  A couple of mornings ago, I heard Chinese
lessons for the Japanese on CRI, this morning, JOBB 828 boomed in
with Chinese lessons for the Japanese also.  In British Columbia, we
don't bother with Chinese lessons, we just take our Chinese straight
up on 1470 and 1320.

828 was the strongest, I think, really quite listenable for a few
minutes.  Definitely a bit of a rebound from yesterday, though still
nothing to leap out of bed for.

reasonable audios (though often battling w/splash): 774, 1134 (and
828 as mentioned above)

not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise:  594,
747, 972, 1287

Burbles in the splatter:  576 DU, 639 (big carrier, likely DU), 666,
big carrier, likely JJ, 792 (DU), 1017, 1143, 1278, 1386, 1422

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by
splatter):  558 , 936

>38.7 F
>7.3 C

gotta do something about that F to C converter!

best wishes,

Nick