Re: [IRCA] 390A wrist

Patrick Martin wrote:

> Yes, the skrits are not as tight, as my R8 or even the SPR4, but in some
> cases that is better. I find some of the really tight filters to be
> rougher in DXing in AM as you get the signal, but understanding the
> audio is another issue.

I have both the Collins mechanical and the crystal filters installed in
my 7030+ (2 pairs) in addition to the stock wide and narrow filters, and
find that switching between the pairs that are close in value sometimes
makes quite a difference in intelligibility.

Mine read 3.4 and 3.6, and 4.5 and 5 Khz respectively.

Rick Kunath