[IRCA] Daytimers-s/on at 0400

CAT, you really jogged my nostalgic memories with this bit.  I'd drive
my parents wild when I was a teenager by going to bed by 9 & getting up
at 3:45 (on school days) so I could hear the s/on's from the Eastern
Time Zone.
>From NW Iowa during the period 1950-1953 I heard 33 from South Carolina
& 52 from North Carolina.  I loved those stations when they signed on,
usually at 0400 CST and many of them used 'Dixie'.  My biggest favorite
was WJAY-1280 in Marion-Mullins SC.  They always bombed in at sign on.
Others I remember off the top of my head were:
   WJMX-970 Florence SC
    WMUU-1260-Greenville SC
     WWNC--570-Asheville NC
     WSJS-600-Winston-Salem NC
      WAYS-610-Charlotte NC
      WMPM-1270-Smithfield NC
       WSAT-1280-Salisbury NC
        WVOT-1410-Wilson NC
        WBIG-1470-Greensboro NC

They were all regular at s/on back in the early 50s from NW Iowa.  It
was a real challenge trying to decide which frequency to land on at TOH
with dozens of SSBs & Dixies all over the place.  Led to some quick dial
tuning & fast note taking.

Don K.
S.F. CA