Re: [IRCA] Dubya Dubya EL Norlins, Lousiana

Re: [IRCA] Dubya Dubya EL Norlins, Lousiana

Don & others:

	Yup, while I was far too young to DX in the early `50s, I recall
those wonderful days when such things as the Seattle 1590 showed up, when I
could sometimes listen to KJR or the 5 kw Salt Lakes.  WXYZ would be off
most Sunday mornings and KFJZ would dominate 1270, while Mondays saw WWJ
silent & the frequency dominated by WPEN/KIMN/KPRC depending on the cx.
Have yet to hear any of those from here.  KOA still roars in here overnight,
even with WKNR fairly near.  (Note that Good Karma Communications has
apparently switched their Cleveland stations again and WKNR was noted
carrying ESPN the other day.)  KSL was a long sought & just popped thru with
TOH.

	I never did QSL much, especially after I tried to verie WIBX in
Utica.  I had them strong for five minutes one MM following the WWJ 0000
s/off, & sent report to the CE, with precise info, direct quotes, the works.
He replied that he couldn't verie, then gave me a little list of all the
station hadd donee during those five minutes, almost word-for-word what I
hadd written in my letter.

73's
David