Re: [IRCA] Fw: (was: New MW QSL) Ernest R. Cooper? Part 3

John Callarman wrote:

> Chip Kelly, a Dallas area resident, founded 100000watts, which Scott
> Fybush now operates since it has become an arm of Clear Channel's M
> Street Journal. I enjoyed photographing a historic first meeting of
> Fybush and Kelly in the DFW area in 2002 during a tower-hunting
> expedition. Fybush's Tower of the Week website is one of the fun
> stops  on my Internet favorite tab. The information source Kelly
> invented and  Fybush now oversees put both of these gentlemen on my
> list of current  hobby stalwarts.

I'm certainly flattered, and then some, to find myself on John's list,
and pleased to see other currently-active disseminators of information
(Wayne Heinen, Paul Swearingen) on there as well.

A couple more that I'd add to the honor roll, if I might:

Fred Vobbe has been the driving force behind the DX Audio Service for
more than two decades now, breaking down the barriers that have kept
visually-impaired DXers from full access to the wealth of information
available to sighted DXers. His audio publication, in turn, has given a
forum for Mark Durenberger's explorations of the history of the clear
channels and of clear-channel DXing, John Bowker's travels around
America collecting station IDs, and other wonderful material that might
otherwise have gone unshared.

Phil Bytheway does a great job not only on IRCA's publications but also
on a little club newsletter called "Decalcomania," a monthly must-read
for those passionate about not only the long-distance listening but the
programming on all those stations.

On the FM/TV side, Mike Bugaj has kept the VUD thriving, and how about
Doug Smith and his tireless work to make accurate, updated information
about TV and FM stations available for free on his W9WI.com site? For
that matter, there's Jim Thomas' "Emisoras de FM" project through WTFDA,
listing all the FM stations of Mexico and Central America; John
Callarman's Mexican AM listings; Fred Cantu's Mexican lists; Barry
McLarnon's AM database - truly, we enjoy a wealth of information right
now that I don't think any previous generation of DXers has had!