Re: [IRCA] Daylight Shifting Time

> I wonder how many stations will change power, pattern, etc at the wrong
> time starting this weekend?  Depending on the circumstances, equipment
> such as timers might not be updatable, the station might not install a
> software patch to make things right, they try to do it manually and get
> it wrong, etc., all of which could create some interesting DX
> possibilities.

Two of my directional clients will be OK.  One has a system that runs under
DOS and never changes to daylight time.  Stays standard time all year round,
with the correct time programmed in.  The other runs under Windows XP and
has had the Microsoft patch applied.

For those of you who have Windows 2000, there is a script available to make
the adjustment.  It's not a Microsoft product, but was put up by one of the
leading audio storage and playback manufacturers.  I've used it on a number
of machines and it seems to work OK.  It will only work on Windows 2000, and
not Windows 98 or earlier.

Drop me a note offlist and I'll tell you how to get it.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI