[IRCA] FW: HD radios in a store near you

[IRCA] FW: HD radios in a store near you

Forwarding this (without comment...) from the Association of Music
Personnel in Public Radio list...

Randy Stewart/Springfield MO

WAL-MART STORES INC. and the HD DIGITAL RADIO ALLIANCE announced that HD
digital radio receivers are launching today in 1,989 WAL-MART stores in
85 markets. WAL-MART will initially stock the JVC HD-W10 Mobile HD Radio
receiver, which will retail for less than $190. The store has also
created a variety of programs and educational tools around HD RADIO.

"We know our customers want mobile HD digital radio products," WAL-MART
automotive buyer TIM CLARK. "We're thrilled to offer a high-quality unit
like the JVC stereo at a competitive price that will make it easy for
customers to discover the great benefits of HD RADIO."

The move by WAL-MART will be supported by new radio spots that represent
the next phase of the ALLIANCE's $250 million marketing campaign
announced in DECEMBER. The spots will include a mix of :15s and :30s in
all 85 markets.

"WAL-MART brings HD RADIO to an incredible new level of reach and power
and we are very grateful for their leadership," said ALLIANCE Pres./CEO
PETER FERRARA. "This underscores that HD RADIO is now within easy reach
of millions of consumers nationwide and WAL-MART is an ideal partner to
make that possible. WAL-MART customers not only get a terrific HD
digital radio at a great price, but they can hear lots of new radio
stations on the dial for free!"