[IRCA] The Cassette-to-Digital Project

Group:

I downloaded and installed Nero 6, and have begun to digitalize my DX ID
cassettes.

First digitalized were all my six Bermuda cassettes. They came to 1.06 GB
as WAV
files.

Next, I acquire dBpoweramp Music Converter which converted these to MP3 files,
at 206 MB.

Have ordered some CD blanks, and expect to put the Bermuda files on duplicate
CDs.

Thanks to all who have provided advice as to how to accomplish this, and the
software to use. I started from a practically zero knowledge base.

Contradicting what I wrote before, the Bermuda tapes do show some
deterioration.
One of the tape bands came loose from the drive reel. Fortunately, I could open
the cassette and used a bit of cellophane tape to secure the loose tap end
to the
reel.

Next: the Okinawa tapes.

73,