[IRCA] ZNS-1540-Willis is my Hero!

My location in central Alabama is a bit closer to the Bahamas than where
Willis lives in Old
Fort, TN. It seems to lie inside a "dead zone" in terms of propagation.
Three years of on
and off trying for this station have only increased my frustration.

All that ended last night with Willie's e-mails. I went downstairs and
turned on the Icom 746 Pro,
and immediately started hearing the slow pace of the play by play announcer
during the
basketball championship. During a break, I heard locals ads for bank and a
clear ID
for the station!

Adjusting the phaser improved the signal even more---and I sat for at least
another 40 minutes
listening to the end of the game. Interviews with players, coaches, and more
local ads. Within
minutes of the end of  the game, the signal disappered back into the slop of
1540 as
I'm sure they switched by to night pattern.

This has been on my most wanted list along with ZIZ 555khz for years! Thank
you Mr. Willis!!!!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
NRC/IRCA Broadcast Test Coordinator
Please call anytime 24/7 if your transmitter
will be off the air for maintenance.
(205) 253-4867