Re: [IRCA] Truthfulness and the seafarer (was WABV explodes)

Re: [IRCA] Truthfulness and the seafarer (was WABV explodes)

Ex Navy DXers, and any Interested IRCA, or both,

Obligatory radio stuff.

On election day in 1968, I was TOLD by the Captain of my Submarine to find out
who won the election....NOW.  I guess he thought it would really make a
difference. We were running at periscope depth between Guam and Japan heading
for a place I can't talk about.  I had the OOD pop up the Snorkel Whip, which
I patched to one of my two R-390s, and the antenna for the AN/BRD-6, (RDF
500khz to 550 MHZ)  I searched high and low for press, VOA, BBC, Radio
Djibouti, anything,....I could hear...Nothing. Then a miracle occurred, and
I  found out who won and saved myself from being shot out one of the tubes,
by tuning into an on the hour news cast from KCBS 740 AM.

Now my response to all of the Navy postings.    From the point of view of an
ex Navy RM2(SS), there are only two kinds of sea going vessels, Submarines,
and Targets.

And it is written in the Deck Log of THE Ark, that hence forth all Sea Stories
shall begin or end with the phrase, "And this ain't no

Stephen Hawkins NG0G
ex RM2(SS) 73 49 111 01001001
"Now Station the Maneuvering Watch and Rig Ship for Dive."

--
73 49 111 01001001
Steve Hawkins NG0G