Re: [IRCA] radio repair

I have two Super Radios, (bought both at yard sales for less than 5 bucks
each) and they just about the same as a 2 except they have no tweeter, it's
been a while since I opened them but I'm pretty sure if you get all the
screws out including the ones in the battery compartment it will come right
apart, you might want to just blow it out, also could be the variable tuning
cap shorting out. Usually pots need tuner cleaner not variable caps which
don't touch unless they have a problem. A shorting variable cap will cause
the symptom you've described.

Bob young
Analog, Ma
KB1OKL
various boatanchors except for two Super Radios/2 400' LW's/Misek Phaser