Re: [IRCA] recorded the iboc

Scott, on the other hand, I clearly heard an annoying sound under
WTWP/WTOP on my car radio (in a 2004 Dodge Stratus). I spoke with
other people who also heard it on their car radios.  My kids told me
to turn it off because it was so annoying.  We concluded it sounded a
bit like the 17-year old cicadas that came old a couple of years ago.
It is my understanding it had to do with bandwidth issues and
asymmetry involved with directional antennas.  That is a serious
issue for certain stations, something that is not easily dismissed.

Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland