[IRCA] KXMG

Yesterday evening Denis reported that KXMG was still using daytime power. As I needed it, I checked 1150. No KXMG, but 2 men speaking French. As there are 2 FF stations in Quebec so I thought I would sit on it a while, but it slowly faded down and was gone. By then 1150 was a jumble, just like a graveyard frequency. So I went elsewhere and returned later to a rock solid signal from someone playing oldies. I thought it must me KSEN as they are frequently in here. I wasn't really listening to it when they ID'd. Missed 3/4 of the ID, just catching the last lertter which was "C." That caught my attention. Turned on the recorder and put on the headphones. After the next song there were a couple of ads for the Hamilton area. Then a couple more songs, and then a very clear 1150-CKOC ID. Never expected this, and most welcome. Still need KXMG though.

Mike in St Isidore, AB with AOR 7030+, Quantum Phaser, EWE's of 110' & 125', 28' vertical and longwires of 1000' and 300'.