Re: [IRCA] KVIP 540 kHz Coverage map

Michael Hawkins wrote:
> SPUR is probably a better word, as harmonics would have a
> relationship to the frequency of the station and the frequency of IF
> transformers.  I get KNBR on 940 here.  At first I thought I was
> getting Bend OR at 3pm until I realized it was KNBR.  Where you are,
> also look for KFAX on 1000 and KGO in various places.
>
> Mike

Spur probably isn't the right word, since that would refer to an actual
off-frequency transmission coming from KNBR, and they run a pretty clean
shop there.

More likely, I'd suspect, is a simple case of receiver front-end
overload, which is creating these images on frequencies where they don't
really exist.