Re: [IRCA] transferring recordings from cassettes to digital media

James Niven wrote:

>   I try to once a year, I record what I call "Frequency Airchecks" using Total recorder. This means I setup the receiver on a certian frequency each night example; 1st receiver on 540khz and 2nd receiver on 550khz etc till I finish the AM band. I have my two computers with total recorder setup up accordingly. I setup the scheduler from 6pm to 7am 7 days a week and record 2 minutes TOH and 7 minutes past TOH. This will take roughly 8-10 weeks to complete, using this method I have snagged new stations as well.

James,

This is exactly the approach I take. With my current setup I have five
radios, each recording a different frequency's TOH (with one always
dedicated to Graveyards, per the GY email list sked) feeding two PCs
running TR. I record from 4pm thru 9am, and find the critical hours most
productive. I've been doing this for the past two years and have logged
hundreds of new stations this way. The only problem is that I generate
far more audio than I can ever listen to (but someday hope to get
through it all!)

Brett