Re: [IRCA] transferring recordings from cassettes to digital media

--- Chuck Hutton <charlesh3@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are almost no people these days that care enough about QSL's to
> cheat
> with audio clips. To me, the fact that there's one person out there
> who does
> so is no reason to stop sharing them.
>
> And as to whether they have value to anyone else, the web sites that
> host
> some clips seem to generate a fair bit of interest. I'd love to hear
> the
> stuff some of you (John Callarman, Charlie Taylor, Bob Foxworth, Russ
> Edmunds, etc) have on analog tape.
>
> It's too bad the medium wave DX crowd in the US doesn't have quite
> the
> interest in posting clips that some other groups do.

*** I think part of that is due to the lack of a suitable venue until
recently. The WTFDA site ( www.wtfda.info ) has an AM DX section, and
Marc DeLorenzo and I and some others have posted to clips of some
"Classic DX" from the old days there over the past 18 months that's
been available. If anyone is interested, they might want to check
there. I have a few more I'd wanted to get up there - just somehow
didn't get to it, like so many other hobby-related projects.

But realistically, that's not suitable for posting large numbers of
clips. Neither is the recently-announced NRC website section for
posting clips. I know some individual DX'ers have many of their clips
posted on their own websites but I haven't felt that alone was worth
setting up and maintaining a website.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]