Re: [IRCA] BOGs was Deed Restrictions and DXing

Re: [IRCA] BOGs was Deed Restrictions and DXing

Neil,
After a month of using the bogs as you prescribed, unterminated 500' and
325' bogs run parallel 2' or so apart to a phaser, they are everything you
said they would be.  Direction and lengths restricted by the run of the lane
behind my house, they fire 118/298 degrees and are put out at night and
taken up after sunrise. They have unlocked Latin America for me.  In the
past week of listening on MW, 3 Puerto Rican stations at 550, 580 and 850;
720 Kingston, Jamaica (underneath WGN with SS in the background of
Kingston), Radio Coro VZ (underneath 780 WBBM phased out), 780 ZBVI (WBBM
phased out), 1620 WDHP (very routine).  Most interesting was HIAF Radio
Monte Cristi, Dominican Republic, at 580 with its reported 250 watts at
night (it's got to be more than that!).  As a bonus, best "over the
shoulder" catch was KSL, Salt Lake City, 1800+ miles.  Switching to the
random wire, the side rejection characteristics of the Bogs was apparent as
the competition usually buried the Caribbean signals beyond recognition.
What a great addition to my antenna "Victory Garden" as it is too small to
be called a farm. <g>  Thanks for sharing your successes and set-up
descriptions, they have made a huge difference in my dxing enjoyment.
73, Gil NN4CW
Savannah GA
Drake R8B, Ratzlaff-Misek phaser