[IRCA] Deed Restrictions and DXing

It looks like my wife and I are going to "downsize" in the new year, and
move into
a single level "garden" style home. The neighborhood is very nice, and the
move has
a lot going for it, but with radio some negatives too. Looking for some
advice on
how to cope---

Pros:
---------------------
New Construction, so I can "plan" the radio room. Some things I've already
discussed
with the builder are putting in several 10 foot deep copper rods, all bonded
together
for a good ground. He's also going to run several RG-6 feedlines and some
multicable
conductors for antenna feedlines and rotor control cables.

Also, the power lines are all buried underground for miles. I've checked
reception
conditions with the car radio, and the neighborhood is super-quiet. Much
better
than my current home.

Cons:
--------------------

Deed restrictions mean that outside antennas are going to be very limited.
Backyard,
inside the privacy fence, low to the ground. Nothing on the roof. No BOG's.
Likely I'll be limited to the active whips and Wellbrook Loop antenna
mounted near
ground level.

For HF amateur work, I plan to put up a horizontal loop antenna that will
run the
length of the backyard fence in a "square". Small backyard means small loop,
NVIS type antenna with an SGC tuner mounted near the house.

For VHF/UHF amateur work, I'll rely on attic mounted loops or a good Log
antenna on
a small TV rotor.

My plan with the active antenna is to mount them just inside the fence, up
about six feet (it's
a seven foot tall fence) and spaced their maximum distance of about 70 feet.

I'll put these both into the Quantum Phaser so that I have some ability to
null signals. Still not
sure how to mount the Wellbrook loop and it's small rotor. Perhaps on a
tripod
type mount in the middle of the small backyard.

I'm wide open to suggestions---

73,

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film