Re: [IRCA] I love my Eton E1 but..............

Re: [IRCA] I love my Eton E1 but..............

I have not noticed this problem with my E1, but then
again, I use it indoors. My two issues with the E1 are
the lack of an internal ferrite loop for MW/LW and the
shakey PAL external antenna connector. I must support
RG-58 coax right at the radio to maintain a consistent
connection. I would sure like to see a BNC connector
in its' place. Aside from these items, it's the best
portable I've owned. I have two 2010s. I took the
radio to Grayland last fall and it held its' own with
the supersets used by the others there - R8A, Icom Pro
& R-71A, NRD 545. The audio, octave filtering,
passband tuning are great. The AM synch mode is quite
tenacious at holding a lock on weak signals. The
display is also easy on these older eyes during a long
DX session.

73

Craig Barnes
Wondervu, CO