Re: [IRCA] new bill may impact media

Bob,

I do not disagree with you in the least.  I just chose to not ascribe
motives, trying to keep my comments from seeming partisan.  I think
the victim will be all political discourse on the radio, not just right wing.

 From a politician's perspective, what better than to shutter another
source of public information.  Don't forget, with campaign finance
reform, already stifled -- or at least intended to be -- is discourse
around the time of elections.  Now radio, and then on to the
next!  Soon politics will be a private game only for those of the proper class.

Anyone who messes with the content of radio could tomorrow just as
easily mess with the content of newspapers, trying to make the
coverage there match someone's notion of fairness.

And when the politicians declare that fairness is to not speak ill of
politicians, where will we be then?

Curt