Re: [IRCA] new bill may impact media

--- "W. Curt Deegan" <WWWR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Broadcasters will quickly see the financial burden of carrying
> unpopular, unprofitable programming to satisfy the banal concept of
> fairness and will stop carrying any political opinion at all, rather
> than be forced to carry programming that drives away the
> listeners.  A nice, bland, non-controversial content which no one
> will complain about.

*** While I certainly don't support the proposal, I would welcome an
end to political opinion programs, whether they make a profit for the
station ( Rush, Hannity et al ) or not ( AA ).

I have never understood why people want to listen to the rantings of
what are essentially self-appointed experts who are short on any actual
relevant experience or knowledge but long on bombast and vitriol. It's
all pure partisanship and therefore worthless - from both sides.

But the music on both AM & FM has been made into a nice, bland mix that
supposedly no one will complain about, so maybe if it went the rest of
the way maybe then someone would do something creative with AM program
content ? Nah !

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]