Re: [IRCA] Deed Restrictions and DXing

Dennis,

Assuming decent ground, a common reaction of first time ewe users seems to
be "why didn't I try this before?"  They can yield fine performance for a
relatively small amount of wire and effort.  Case in point is Paul's recent
report of KVNS heard on his small ewe from Troon, Scotland.  Not requiring
an elevated return line for ground or a center post support such as in a
K9AY or Kaz is better for my use as my house occupies most of my lot and an
elevated return line would be a trip-line for visitors, especially across my
entrance sidewalk.  Don't give up on the bog.  The power lines in my
neighborhood run behind the house above the lane in the back.  Because of
potential powerline noise, I choose to run it in the front street which was
100' away from the lane's powerlines.  In the street, the bog was deaf.
Using test equipment costing tens of thousands of dollars, a self-propelled
RFI detector made by Toyota, I rode down the lane and didn't notice
powerline noise.  I rolled the bog out down the lane and it works
FB.  Location, location, location.  BTW, K9AY's technique of gluing two
Amidon FB77-6301 ferrite beads side by side in binocular fashion to make a
matching transformer is what I use to match my ewes and bog to coax.
http://lists.contesting.com/_topband/2005-09/msg00003.html

73, Gil NN4CW
Savannah GA