[IRCA] 1610 Radio Reloj...nailed!

1610 Radio Reloj, location unknown but presumed Cuba, at 3:40 am ET,
Dec 21 2006 (0840Z).

Excitement abounds, cheering reverberates!

The Radio Reloj I knew I heard last January on 1610 kHz but could not
prove, has now been captured on both audio and video
(Spectran).  Finally I can stop listening to that damn channel.

It would seem not to have been a one time thing, just a very hard
thing to catch.  Fortunately my noise monster usually sleeps by at
least 1 or 2 am local, and other ambient noise was nicely at bay tonight.

Accidently leaving the GAP DSP on and playing with Spectran settings
I hadn't used before seems to have had a positive effect on my
success as well.  All proof that one can not possibly have too many toys!

Hopefully, now others will be inspired to sit hunched over their
radios for countless hours listening for those minuscule insidious
tones on 1610.

I do have to apologize a little though, this is really more like a
beacon catch than your typical MW AM DX...like I care. :-D

Such a nice little Christmas gift for me.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) Florida
[Ten-Tec RX-320D; LFE M-601; GAP DSP; Spectran]

In the spirit of Dr.Z., I offer this more or less appropriate
quotation (value being in the eye of the discoverer):
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more
to patient attention, than to any other talent.
     Sir Isaac Newton (1642 - 1727)