[IRCA] 1020 map as of Saturday night

Gents:

Sorry to say I will not be able to work on correcting
the direction-finding map azimuth lines today.  So I
am posting what is "close nuff" for now.

It should be obvious that the mystery station is surely
not in Maine or Ontario or Kentucky!

Last evening it overwhelmed KDKA here in the
eastern end of Tennessee.

By the time the station moves to 590 I might have the
azimuth lines made precise.  They are at least useful
right now.  Only the results from listeners over, say,
500 miles away, will have significant error.

The map is indeed a polar projection.  When the
listener is in the center of the map the azimuth line
will be exact (straight).  As you go farther and farther
away from center the line should curve but does not.
All it takes to correct that is simple algebra and time.
Right now I have to return to some work I have been
doing on a project for the local museum.  I come up
for air every hour or so.

As of about 2:05 PM Sunday the map is at:
http://tonnesoftware.com/1020.gif

Oh yes.  Sure would be nice to have someone in
south-central Virginia or north-central North Carolina
take a shot at the station.   Better yes, eastern Virginia.

Cheers!

- JimT