Re: [IRCA] Antenna Question?

>   I am looking for the best solution for me and just curious what others
do!
>   I have 6 different antennas...
(snip)
>   I am also curious what others have in place to get around this
situation.

I think I'd be inclined to make a patch panel with inexpensive F connectors.
There are push-on adapters, so simple patch cables could be made for in/out
from various antennas to different receivers.  Unlike a switch, you can have
several antenna/receiver combos running simultaneously.  I would put the
matching antenna transformer behind the panel so all connections are at a
nominal 50-75 ohm range.  Any antenna, any radio just with a patch.  It
would make use of a phaser simple.

Bulkhead connectors could be used so cables can be run from somewhere else,
or chassis jacks where a wire connection is needed.  All cheap stuff, and a
flat aluminum panel is easy to find.  Ground the panel for extra lightning
protection.  A single point ground for all incoming wires..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI