Re: [IRCA] Where were you on 22 November 1963?

Re: [IRCA] Where were you on 22 November 1963?

I was in my early twenties living in Paris and doing a variety of things to
keep from starving to death, one of which was to drive and also perform in
(as juggler) small entertainment units that worked in the various Officers
and NCO clubs on the military bases in France (that was before De Gaulle
threw us out).

A bunch of us had bundled into an old Citroen for an NCO club in Verdun,
France, about 2-3 hours from Paris, as I recall. It was early evening there
and I was warming up my act and we were getting ready to do our little
schtick, when they announced that the club was closing and the base was
going on alert due to the shooting of the President.

So we had to beat feet back to our hotel in Paris and hope that our
landlady, expecting us to be gone for a couple of days, had not sub-rented
our rooms, which was not that an uncommon a practice. Fortunately, we didn't
have to sleep in the lobby.

Chris Black
Cape Cod