[IRCA] MT Tests

I'll echo Bill Harms' comments that conditions were just okay, not great...
certainly not like late October when the western stations were rolling in.  I
was focused on KERR, and they didn't come all that easily.  Aside from the
usual WSB and LA stuff (both wobbling Cuba and Venezuela noted earlier),
I had a real problem with WWKK in MI, who I believe was on their day rig.
They throw their 1 kW to the NE, so I expect that they were also noticed by
Saul and Niel, but not too many others.  Anyway, after listening to C&W in the
mix for half an hour, I finally caught a "750 K-E-R-R" ID at 0235-0236 EST.
MT #3, and much wanted here!

With locals on 580 and 1310, and the 930 and 1290 tests apparently not
running, my other options were limited.  I spent quite a bit of time on 680,
but to no avail.  With juggernaut CFTR phased, I had WRKO off the backside,
probable WPTF from the south, and yet another MI pest to the west, WDBC.
They seemed way too strong to be on their night rig.

After hitting the sack at 0400, I set up for recording on 930, and had some
success.  No MT, of course, but at 0800 I had a nice ID from needed WLBL, a
WI daytimer, and also relogged rare KKIN-MN.

It was good fun having such a large and lively group on the #mwdx chat...
y'all come back soon, y'hear?   Thanks to all concerned for organzing the
tests!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON