Re: [IRCA] Slow mail and No Hawaii

>> Hello club memebers, I'm Sean Kelly, KK4TS/7 and I have just joined the
>> group.
>
>Welcome!  Always nice to see a new face..

[Grin]

>What you built has been tried and doesn't work.  As you saw, it simply

I had remembered an ARRL Handbook design for a direction finding antenna
for 80 meters (3.5 t 4.0 MHz) that was in a metal box. Maybe I
mis-remembered it. None of my other schemes worked, either. The good news
is that Mom is now about to retire and will most certainly be changing her
listening habits to during the daytime when multi-path interferance isn't a
problem.

>shields the radio from everything.  A better way is to turn the radio in
>different directions.  You can often can null an offending station by
>pointing the side of the radio toward the offended or interference.  If you
>have a kitchen-type Lazy Susan around, set the radio on it and try.  It only
>needs to turn in that plane, though sometimes tilting it from side to side
>can help.  Probably easier to do than explain..

I saw the IRCA website page on the Quantum Loop and I was wondering if the
antenna in the Superadio would cause the null received by the loop to be
cancelled out. In other words the undesired signal wouldn't come in through
the loop, but would come in through the radio's internal antenna. Do you
(or anybody else) know if this is a problem? I'd hate to have to unsolder
the antenna on the radio.

>Best pickup for most portables is in the direction of front/back.  They have
>a figure 8 pattern.

Yes, because the ferrite bar would make the radio too "thick" (deep) if it
were otherwise.

Sean

P.S.: I figured out TP and TA, but the rest of the hobby's abbriviations
are a bear :-/