[IRCA] WSYB WVNR question

A question from across the pond.

On 1380 kHz I logged a call which sounded like WVNR. Here's the recording:

http://paulc.mwcircle.org/1380unid.mp3

It's weak, but if you run it through a couple of times you will hear the
YL announcing the call about 4 seconds after the pips.

WVNR operates on 1340 from Poultney VT.

Soon after I recorded this another UK listener logged WSYB from Rutland
VT on 1380.

Since the two towns are just 15 miles apart, my question is - is there
any connection between the two stations? Is there the possibility that
one was rebroadcasting the the other? The time of the recording was 0000
UTC.

Paul
Troon, Scotland