Re: [IRCA] KBOI/670 off

I've never heard KPUA or KGMB.  I have heard KMVI once.  But I do go back far enough to have Alan Roycroft's signature on several different QSLs.  I think the Hawaiians I tried for the hardest (and got) were KKUA/690 and KTRG/990.

  After writing the last email, I went back out to the cold back yard with Mr. Grundig and KBOI was back on the air.  No chance for KPUA but at least my ears are intact.  It seems to be a very quiet night as far as interference goes.  I was listening to something on 1060 (perhaps Mexico)... a piano session which was hard to pin down as to whether it was smooth jazz or new age.  They faded away after a bit.  I might go out and try again.  Just taking a break from the resume submission game now.

  Mike

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Mike,

KPUA is one of the strongest Hawaiians. Normally on top of KBOI on the
SW EWE.
For most, Hawaiians are welcome DX. For me often, they are a pest.
Especially if they are on a frequency where I trying to hear something
else. I remember back in 1971 when WGR-550-NY ran a DX test. Do you
think I could hear it? No way, KMVI Wailuku at 1 KW then was owning the
channel. Boston 590 also ran a DX test during the same period and I did
nab a bit of that, but it wasn't easy with KGMB Honolulu also on 590,
except the Honolulu stations generally do not have the signal the outer
islands have. It is the old saying that one man's DX is another man's
pest.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin