Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Big Sky question

MT is just a bid more west of Northwest from you..ie about 306 degrees for close to the center of where these 6 tests are located.  73 KAZ
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: amdxmail@xxxxxxx
  To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: am@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 7:34 PM
  Subject: [NRC-AM] Big Sky question

  Like many of us, I'm going to have a busy two hours this Sunday morning with the six Montana DX tests!  I'm having to press into service every recording device and receiver in the house to get the eleven hours worth of tapes.

  I haven't heard Montana since the KATL-770 DX test 13 years ago, and have forgotten which directional bearing it was coming in on.  I'm about 10 miles south of Knoxville, Tennessee.

  When the X-band was young, I remember Costa Mesa-1650 was North-South, but Vallejo-1630/1640 came in on an East-West bearing.

  As an example, East-West I get Chicago, Minneapolis, the Atlantic coast of Florida, the Caribbean and Colombia.

  North-South I get the Gulf Coast of Florida, Alabama west to Texas, NYC, Boston and Toronto.

  Detroit, Dallas, Tulsa and Coffeyville must be on the cusp of N-S and E-W, and come in about the same on each.

  With the Far West I'm mostly clueless.

  You guys who understand this stuff instinctively, I need your help in advising me which direction my receivers should be facing during the MT test period - N-S or E-W?

  Thanks a million!

  Steve Francis
  Alcoa, Tennessee