Re: [IRCA] Fort Lewis WA TIS 1500

It has been a very long time ( Back in 1969-1971 ) but a few of the Army radio techs used to use 1500 -- as well as a few other selected channels -- just for kicks.   We had a transmitter at the log center and one on main post.   There was a proposal to use a 10 watt AM or 10 watt class "D" FM station -- sort of like a "post EBS station".  We even  tested all sorts of commerical gear for about 6 months.   ----   The radio shop at Fort Lewis has a stock pile of gear for emergency use.      All 4 of the Military Academy have a special Class "D" FM station.    Fort Lewis was also used to test some of the high powered AM transmitters -- used by VOA.