Re: [IRCA] 810 WGY heard in Victoria, BC

Re: [IRCA] 810 WGY heard in Victoria, BC

> What is the active portion of your Misek-based phaser? Have you had any
> troubles with your local MW flamethrowers when using the phaser?

I am using an MFJ-1026 while waiting for my Misek to arrive
from Steve Ratzlaff -

The 1026 has a couple of FET stages (and an extra one in the AUX Antenna
input).

I run an ALA100 loop into  the MAIN input and a 6' helical OMNI passive
whip into the AUX input.

I have no problem, whatsoever, reducing CFAX 1070 (250kw ERP [antenna gain factored in ])
to about an S7 tops. The CFAX xmtr is about 4-5 km from me - I can see their tower
out of my window. They concentrate the bulk of their RF directly at my QTH which sits
directly between their XMTR on one of the islands off of Oak Bay and Victoria.
My only other local irritant on  900khz (the Camosun College radio station - 10kw)
has never been a problem.

After the last few days of phasing with the MFJ-1026, I can honestly say that:
a-) My interested in domestic DXing has been totally rekindled and
b-) I cannot imagine listening w/o one of these tools.

Many thanks to Walter Salmaniw for planting the phaser seed
and Steve Ratzlaff for building this fine product.

--
Colin Newell
Editor-Creator www.coffeecrew.com | www.dxer.ca